The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York
Standards of Conduct
It is our mission to enable persons of all ages with disabilities to live as contributing, valued members of the community by promoting:
The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York accomplishes its mission while adhering to these core values:
- The People we support come first
- Cultivating Dynamic Workforce
- Demonstrating Trustworthiness and Honesty in Everything we do
- Service at a Higher Level
- Positively Impacting the Community
Commitment to Stakeholders
To the people we support: We are committed to providing the highest quality of care, in a caring and compassionate manner.
To the communities we support: We are committed to understanding the unique needs of the people we support and to provide our services with cost-effective, quality services.
To our employees: We are committed to a work setting which is safe, which treats all employees with fairness, dignity and respect, which affords all employees an opportunity to grow, to develop professionally, and to work in a team environment where all ideas are considered.
To our third party payors: We are committed to working with our payors in a way that demonstrates our commitment to our contractual obligations and reflects our shared concerns for quality services in an efficient and effective manner. We encourage our payors to adopt their own set of ethical principles that recognize their obligations to the individuals we serve, as well as the need for fairness between providers and payors.
To our regulators: We are committed to creating an environment in which compliance with applicable rules, laws and regulations is woven into the fabric of The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York. We accept responsibility to self-govern and monitor adherence to requirements of law and our Standards of Conduct.
To our suppliers: We are committed to fair competition among existing and prospective suppliers. We encourage our suppliers to adopt their own set of standards and ethical practices.
Rules of Conduct
We believe that certain rules of conduct must be observed to promote a positive and ethical work environment and pledge to abide by the laws, regulations and The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York policies and procedures, including, but not limited to those related to The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York Corporate Compliance Plan.
We also understand that, as individuals working for and on behalf of The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York, we have the added responsibility of following specific rules conduct, as described below:
- To work cooperatively and respectfully with all affected individuals to provide the highest quality of services;
- To place the interests of the people we support and their family members first in all aspects of what we do;
- To represent The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York positively in the community-atlarge;
- To conduct all activities in a fiscally responsible manner;
- To work in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York policies;
- To seek training and assistance in areas that would strengthen the ability to fulfill responsibilities to clients and The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York;
- To avoid conflicts of interest, including the acceptance and giving of gifts;
- To conserve resources of The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York by not engaging in wasteful behavior;
- To treat confidential information related to The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York and its clients and to respect the privacy of clients and fellow The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York employees;
- To complete tasks in a timely manner and meet expectations for the quality of work that The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York strives to achieve;
- To bill individuals and third-party payors accurately;
- To report to a supervisor or to the Compliance Hotline any potential violation of applicable laws, regulations, and policies, including the Compliance Program;
- To respect the role of the Board and management and to fully implement their decisions; and
- To consult The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York leadership when questions arise as to the conduct permitted under applicable laws, regulations, and policies, including the Compliance Program.
The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York Employees
✓ I acknowledge that I have received training on and understand The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York Corporate Compliance Program. I have received a copy of The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York Standard of Conduct.
✓ I understand and agree that I must comply with the Standards of Conduct and all laws, regulations, policies, procedures and other guidance applicable to the responsibilities of my position.
✓ I agree to fully cooperate with the implementation of Standard of Conduct, to participate in any auditing or monitoring processes and to report any instances of possible violations of law, regulations or policies of which I become aware, to my Supervisor, the Corporate Compliance Officer, or through the Hotline (845-796-1350 Ext. 12888) or anonymous email reporting system.
✓ I am aware that the agency offers an anonymous e-mail link through the intranet web page for the purposes of reporting suspected compliance violations.
✓ I acknowledge that The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York maintains the hotline and anonymous e-mail system for the purpose of receiving notifications of possible violations of law, regulation and The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York Corporate Compliance Plan.
✓ I understand that my failure to report any concerns regarding possible violations of law, regulations or Standard of Conduct may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
✓ I understand that this Standard of Conduct does not in any way constitute an employment contract or an assurance of continued employment with The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York.
The Arc Greater Hudson Valley, New York reserves the right to amend, modify or update the Standards of Conduct.